The KTM Class 93 ETS Train at the Pulau Sebang/Tamping stationhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:KTM_Class_93#/media/File:ETS_5.jpg
KTM Electric Train Service
(ETS) is an inter-city train service between Kuala Lumpur and cities in Malaysia. As of July 2015, the service has been extended to Padang Besar Railway Station. This is a major undertaking for Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad which sees not only the electrification of the tracks, but also the construction of all 47 stations along the route from Padang Besar
List of Railway Stations served by the ETS
As of 11 July, 2015, the following are the railway stations served by the KTM Electric Train Service. The full list of stations are shown below.
Sungai Petani Railway Station
- Padang Besar Railway Station (GPS: 6.66209, 100.31908)
- Bukit Ketri Railway Station (GPS: 6.52372, 100.25743)
- Arau Railway Station (GPS: 6.42977, 100.26921)
- Kodiang Railway Station (GPS: 6.37059, 100.30247)
- Anak Bukit Railway Station (GPS: 6.18315, 100.37463)
- Alor Setar Railway Station (GPS: 6.11456, 100.3698)
- Kobah Railway Station (GPS: 5.9724, 100.44092)
- Gurun Railway Station (GPS: 5.82451, 100.47756)
- Sungai Petani Railway Station (GPS: 5.64302, 100.48975)
- Tasek Gelugor Railway Station (GPS: 5.48179, 100.4969)
- Bukit Mertajam Railway Station (GPS: 5.3664, 100.44783)
- Bukit Tengah Railway Station (GPS: 5.36435, 100.42174)
- Butterworth Railway Station (GPS: 5.3927, 100.36774)
- Simpang Ampat Railway Station (GPS: 5.28602, 100.48098)
- Nibong Tebal Railway Station (GPS: 5.16936, 100.48003)
- Parit Buntar Railway Station (GPS: 5.12873, 100.48662)
- Bagan Serai Railway Station (GPS: 5.02719, 100.52705)
- Kamunting Railway Station (GPS: 4.89617, 100.71862)
- Taiping Railway Station (GPS: 4.85207, 100.73123)
- Padang Rengas Railway Station (GPS: 4.77739, 100.85816)
- Kuala Kangsar Railway Station (GPS: 4.77655, 100.93199)
- Sungai Siput Railway Station (GPS: 4.81949, 101.07132)
- Tasek Railway Station (GPS: 4.65337, 101.11934)
- Ipoh Railway Station (GPS: 4.59712, 101.07263)
- Batu Gajah Railway Station (GPS: 4.46128, 101.04928)
- Kampar Railway Station (GPS: 4.3028, 101.15337)
- Tapah Road Railway Station (GPS: 4.17278, 101.18918)
- Sungkai Railway Station (GPS: 4.00575, 101.30215)
- Slim River Railway Station (GPS: 3.82721, 101.40254)
- Behrang Railway Station (GPS: 3.74575, 101.45007)
- Tanjung Malim Railway Station (GPS: 3.68461, 101.51809)
- Kuala Kubu Bharu Railway Station (GPS: 3.55307, 101.63959)
- Batang Kali Railway Station (GPS: 3.46833, 101.63759)
- Rawang Railway Station (GPS: 3.31895, 101.57475)
- Sungai Buloh Railway Station (GS: 3.20671, 101.57872)
- Kepong Sentral Railway Station (GPS: 3.20864, 101.62804)
- Kuala Lumpur Railway Station (GPS: 3.13969, 101.69363)
- KL Sentral (GPS: 3.13404, 101.68614)
- Bandar Tasik Selatan Railway Station (GPS: 3.07647, 101.71118)
- Kajang Railway Station (GPS: 2.98238, 101.79051)
- Nilai Komuter Station (GPS: 2.80219, 101.79935)
- Seremban Railway Station (GPS: 2.71856, 101.94063)
- Rembau Railway Station (GPS: 2.59326, 102.09453)
- Pulau Sebang/Tampin Railway Station (GPS: 2.46262, 102.22704)
- Batang Melaka Railway Station (GPS: 2.47237, 102.413)
- Gemas Railway Station (GPS: 2.58016, 102.61242)
(17 July, 2015)
ETS KL Sentral to Butterworth Service
Full schedule and fare for Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh can be downloaded from the KTMB website.
ETS KL Sentral to Padang Besar Service
There are two types of services: the local train which serve all stations, and the express trains which serve selected stations. The services are KL Sentral to Ipoh (Gold and Silver service), KL Sentral to Padang Besar, and Ipoh to Padang Besar. The KL Sentral to Padang Besar is the ETS Ekspres service which stops at fewer stations.
On 11 July, 2015, an ETS service was launch from KL Sentral to Padang Besar. This is an express service which serves the following stations: KL Sentral, Tanjung Malim, Tapah Road, Kampar, Ipoh, Kuala Kangsar, Taiping, Parit Buntar, Bukit Mertajam, Butterworth, Sungai Petani, Alor Setar, Arau and Padang Besar.
The train (code EG9208) departs KL Sentral at 9:00 am and arrives at Padang Besar at 3:00 pm. The train (code EG9209) leaves Padang Besar at 4:00 pm and arrives in KL Sentral at 9:15 pm.
Due to the constant update to train schedule, please refer to the KTMB website for the latest train schedule
Interior of ETS trainhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_ETS#/media/File:KTM_ETS2.JPG
Updates on the ETS Service
7 May 2016
An ETS train travelling from Kuala Lumpur
was involved in a crash with an Express Rakyat train travelling from Butterworth
to Johor Bahru
. As a result, the KTM Komuter service between Rawang Railway Station
and Tanjung Malim Railway Station
is cancelled while ETS services will end at the Rawang Railway Station, and passengers are ferried by bus on their onward journey. At time of writing, KTMB is still investigating the incident.
The ETS Service is expected to reach the Butterworth Railway Station
by June 2015, according to KTM chairman Datuk Nawawi Ahmad, saying the journey between Kuala Lumpur and Penang will be 3 hours.1
- The Star 6 December, 2014: KL to Butterworth by ETS from June (2015)
Want to add your business to Penang Travel Tips?
Penang Travel Tips makes it easier for customers to find you. From just RM100 one time fee, you may add your business to this website, helping people find you more easily.
Explore Malaysia state by state!
Get useful information to explore the rest of Malaysia right here!
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Our Special Feature on Penang Travel Tips this week is Kuala Lumpur Travel Tips
. Get to know Kuala Lumpur neighbourhood by neighbourhood through the map below.
Quick Links for the Busy Traveler
- Book Long Distance Bus Tickets in Malaysia and Singapore
- Find A Hotel Room
- Having a computer issue? Get a technician sent to your home or hotel, if you are anywhere in Penang.
Advertise on this website
Yes, you can advertise your business on this website. You can put an ad on a specific page or across all the pages, so that readers of this website will discover your business. contact me here.
All About Me
Let me take a moment to thank you for visiting my website, Penang Travel Tips. Since I started it in 2003, it has grown to become the
online encyclopedia of Penang. My name is Timothy Tye
, and I am one of the few full-time web authors. This website Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about. You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, the Americas
, indeed the whole the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Faceboook, or my Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.