(5 May 2010)
(GPS: 5.17009, 100.47861), (Traditional Chinese: 高淵; Simplified Chinese: 高渊; Pinyin: Gāo Yuān; Penang Hokkien
: Ko3 En1; Tamil: நிபோங் திபால்). is the biggest town in Seberang Perai Selatan
. The name Nibong Tebal means "dense palms", and may refers to the nibung trees that grow in the surrounding mangrove. Its name in Penang Hokkien
is Ko3 En1 高淵.
Location of sights in Nibong Tebal
Places of Interest in Nibong Tebal
- 99-Door Mansion (GPS: 5.17569, 100.45625)
- Bukit Panchor State Park (GPS: 5.16068, 100.54804)
- Datuk Kong Old Temple (GPS: 5.17629, 100.46528)
- Hock Teik Soo Temple (GPS: 5.16538, 100.47482)
- Holy Trinity Church (GPS: 5.16947, 100.47814)
- Kong Teik Chun Ong Temple (GPS: 5.16699, 100.48258)
- Kuan In Tong (GPS: 5.16862, 100.47608)
- Kuil Sri Kaala Bairavar (GPS: 5.16804, 100.47669)
- Masjid Al-Islah (GPS: 5.13145, 100.47959)
- Masjid Bukit Panchor (GPS: 5.16739, 100.49346)
- Nibong Tebal Iron Bridge (GPS: 5.17192, 100.47947)
- Nibong Tebal Railway Station (GPS: 5.16936, 100.48003)
- Pawagam Southern (GPS: 5.16535, 100.47722)
- Sri Sithi Vinayagar Devasthanam (GPS: 5.16753, 100.47646)
- Sungai Kerian Footbridge (GPS: 5.16416, 100.47833)
- St Anthony's Church (GPS: 5.17106, 100.47272)
- Taman Rekreasi Sri Sanglang (GPS: 5.16447, 100.48166)
- Thean Hock Tong Temple (GPS: 5.16515, 100.48105)
Eateries in Nibong Tebal
- Kedai Kopi Chow (GPS: 5.16565, 100.47748)
Activities in Nibong Tebal
- Nibong Tebal Firefly Watching (GPS: 5.15538, 100.46974)
Street Art in Nibong Tebal
- Nibong Tebal Street Art
Villages in Nibong Tebal
- Sungai Udang (GPS: 5.16545, 100.42779)
- Permatang Tok Mahat (GPS: 5.13211, 100.48058)
Streets in Nibong Tebal
- Jalan Che Ahmad
- Jalan Ooi Kar Seng
- Jalan Pengkalan Rawa
- Jalan Pintu Sepuluh
- Lorong Siong
Other sights in Nibong Tebal
- Pulau Burung
About Nibong Tebal
Nibong Tebal is the last major township in southern Penang Mainland, close to the border with Kedah and Perak. Universiti Sains Malaysia
, or USM, has its campus there. The schools of civil engineering, aerospace engineering, and material and mineral resource engineering are among those located there. On the east side of Nibong Tebal is the Bukit Panchor Industrial Estate
. Furthest east, at the border with Kedah, is Bukit Panchor State Park
The most famous person to come from Nibong Tebal is the late Professor Chin Fung Kee, who designed the first Penang Bridge
. Unfortunately he passed away before the bridge was opened to the public.
The Member of Parliament of Nibong Tebal is Tan Tee Beng, son of Gerakan Party founding member Tan Gim Hwa. Tan Tee Beng won the seat under the PKR ticket, but quit the party on 1 March to become an independent MP. His resignation came in the wake of disciplinary action against him from within his party for criticising the Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng.
Nibong Tebal Railway Bridge, a local landmark
(5 May 2010)
Exit the North-South Expressway at Exit 156 (Jawi Interchange). By bus, you can take Rapid Penang
to the Nibong Tebal Bus Terminal at Jalan Baru.
Nibong Tebal is on the map of Seberang Perai
Explore Malaysia with Penang Travel Tips
Penang Travel Tips is not just about Penang. You can get lots of useful information to explore the rest of Malaysia right here!
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Advertise on this website
To put an add on this website, contact me here.
Having a computer issue?
If your computer isn't performing up satisfactorily level, contact a technician to look at your computer issue
, if you live on Penang Island.
The Travel Tips Made In Penang
Hello and thank you for visiting Penang Travel Tips. My name is Timothy Tye
, and you are reading my personal online encyclopedia, created to share my knowledge with you. Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about.
You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, including Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Alor Setar
, every state in Malaysia
, every state capital in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, and eventually the rest of the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Facebook, or LIKE any of my Facebook pages: Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.