(GPS: 5.51666, 100.42552), (Traditional/Simplified Chinese: 甲抛峇底; Pinyin: Jiǎpāo Bādǐ) is a township in Seberang Perai Utara
. It is the northenmost major town on Penang Mainland. The name Kepala Batas means "head of the bund". It is a common name in agricultural villages where rice is grown. There is another town called Kepala Batas in Kedah
Kepala Batas in Penang is the hometown for Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, a former prime minister of Malaysia, who was also the Member of Parliament for Kepala Batas from 1978 until 2013.
Jalan Kubang Menderung is the main road through Kepala Batas. It runs east-west, connecting the Federal Route 1 to the west with the North-South Expressway Northern Route. The other main road in town was named Jalan Datuk Haji Ahmad Badawi.
Sunshine Bertam Shopping Mall is a newly opened shopping mall in Kepala Batas. It is located just off Jalan Kubang Menderung. Located just off the North-South Expressway is the Penang Golf Resort designed with a number of man-made lakes. At the heart of Kepala Batas, near the main intersection between jalan Kubang Menderung and Jalan Datuk Haji Ahmad Badawi, is Hotel Seri Malaysia.
Location of sights in Kepala Batas
To help you locate the places in Kepala Batas, I have added GPS coordinates. Simply key these coordinates into your GPS device to be navigated there.
Hotels in Kepala Batas
- Hotel Seri Malaysia (GPS: 5.51558, 100.43153)
Sights in and around kepala Batas
- Bertam House (GPS: 5.51782, 100.43649)
- Bertam Fire & Rescue Department Air Base (GPS: 5.54938, 100.4855)
- Bumbung Lima Pillbox (GPS: 5.56225, 100.42786)
- Hospital Kepala Batas (GPS: 5.51155, 100.43735)
- Kraftangan Malaysia Pulau Pinang (GPS: 5.51649, 100.44676)
- Merdeka Bridge (GPS: 5.56376, 100.42806)
- Pantai Kamloon (GPS: 5.56404, 100.44477)
- Penang Golf Resort (GPS: 5.52586, 100.44303)
- Sunshine Bertam Shopping Mall (GPS: 5.51634, 100.44974)
Mosques in Kepala Batas
- Masjid Abdullah Fahim (GPS: 5.52052, 100.46396)
- Masjid Al-Jamiul Badawi (GPS: 5.51491, 100.42549)
- Masjid Jamek Al-Hidayah (GPS: 5.54885, 100.47977)
- Masjid Jamek Permatang Buloh (GPS: 5.48465, 100.42563)
- Masjid Kampung Banggol (GPS: 5.48505, 100.45024)
Chinese Temples in Kepala Batas
- Tau Bo Keong Temple (GPS: 5.50967, 100.43267)
Banks in Kepala Batas
- Affin Bank (GPS: 5.516578, 100.421659)
- Agro Bank (GPS: 5.517210, 100.430616)
- Bank Islam (GPS: 5.517230, 100.431872)
- Bank Simpanan Nasional (GPS: 5.517923, 100.438324)
- CIMB Bank (GPS: 5.515958, 100.430435)
- Hong Leong Bank (GPS: 5.517218, 100.431085)
- Public Bank (GPS: 5.517226, 100.431268)
Petrol Stations in Kepala Batas
- Caltex Kepala Batas (GPS: 5.522088, 100.426644)
- Petron Kepala Batas (GPS: 5.521113, 100.426132)
- Petronas Bertam (GPS: 5.517565, 100.449652)
- Petronas Kepala Batas (GPS: 5.515031, 100.418813)
- Shell Bertam (GPS: 5.517348, 100.432355)
Commercial Development in Kepala Batas
- Bertam Perdana (GPS: 5.51708, 100.44951)
Civic buildings & government departments in Kepala Batas
- Engineering Office, Public Works Department, JKR (GPS: 5.51306, 100.43862)
- Kepala Batas Post Office (GPS: 5.51664, 100.43064)
- Millennium Hall (GPS: 5.51442, 100.43763)
- National Registration Department, Bertam Branch (GPS: 5.51272, 100.43627)
- Penang Library, Bertam Branch (GPS: 5.51321, 100.43763)
- Seberang Perai Utara Land Office (GPS: 5.51451, 100.43598)
- Wisma Persekutuan, Seberang Perai Utara (GPS: 5.51218, 100.43611)
Roads in Kepala Batas
- Jalan Datuk Haji Ahmad Badawi
Businesses in Kepala Batas
Check list of businesses listed under the road pages. Below are the ones not listed there.
- Ban Li Spray Painting and Parts, TBP 4850 Lahar Ikan Mati, Paya Keladi, 13200 Kepala Batas, Penang.
Schools in Kepala Batas
- Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Datuk Haji Abdul Kadir (GPS: 5.51469, 100.43017)
- SRJK Cina Pei Yu, Jalan Datuk Haji Ahmad Badawi
Villages in Kepala Batas
- Bumbung Lima (GPS: 5.55601, 100.4416)
- Lahar Tiang (GPS: 5.5483, 100.48027)
- Pajak Song (GPS: 5.500556, 100.426105)
- Permatang Buluh (GPS: 5.55601, 100.4416)
- Tanjung Rambai (GPS: 5.48549, 100.42613)
Housing Estates in Kepala Batas
- Taman Aman Putera
- Taman Bertam Indah
- Taman Haji Abdullah Fahim
- Taman Sepakat
- Taman Seri Indah
- Taman Seri Serdang
If you are coming by car, get out of the North-South Expressway at Exit 166
(Bertam Interchange). Rapid Penang bus 601, 604A and 610 serve Kepala Batas. The bus stops are along Federal Route 1 (called Jalan Kedah here), Jalan Kubang Menderung and Lorong Bertam Indah 15.
Kepala Batas is on the map of Seberang Perai
Explore Malaysia with Penang Travel Tips
Penang Travel Tips is not just about Penang. You can get lots of useful information to explore the rest of Malaysia right here!
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Advertise on this website
To put an add on this website, contact me here.
Having a computer issue?
If your computer isn't performing up satisfactorily level, contact a technician to look at your computer issue
, if you live on Penang Island.
The Travel Tips Made In Penang
Hello and thank you for visiting Penang Travel Tips. My name is Timothy Tye
, and you are reading my personal online encyclopedia, created to share my knowledge with you. Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about.
You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, including Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Alor Setar
, every state in Malaysia
, every state capital in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, and eventually the rest of the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Facebook, or LIKE any of my Facebook pages: Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.