Bagan Luar, Butterworth
(29 January, 2009)
(GPS: 5.41051, 100.37083) is a place in the heart of Butterworth
. It is named after Kampung Bagan Luar which used to be located north of Jalan Chain Ferry (as opposed to Bagan Dalam
). Bagan Luar probably got its name from piers jutting out into the open sea, as opposed to those along the Prai River, which are at Bagan Dalam.
Jalan Bagan Luar forms the main artery through Bagan Luar. The area is bordered by the Butterworth Outer Ring Road
) to the west, Jalan Telaga Air to the north, Jalan Siram and Jalan Sungai Nyior to the east; and Jalan Chain Ferry and Jalan Metcher to the south. Within this area are small villages still existing, including Kampung Benggali.
Prominent buildings in Bagan Luar includes Dewan Dato Haji Ahmad Badawi
, Dataran Pemuda Merdeka, St Mark's Church, Maha Mariamman Devasthanam Temple
, Tian Gong Tan Temple and the Majlis Perbandaran Seberang Perai.
The Sree Maha Mariamman Temple in Bagan Luar, Butterworth
(17 August, 2015)
Hotels in Bagan Luar
- Lodge 18 Review (GPS: 5.409239, 100.370054)
- Aroma Hotel Butterworth CHECK RATES (GPS: 6.435766, 100.190755)
Location of sights in Bagan Luar on the map
Sights in Bagan Luar
- Dewan Dato' Haji Ahmad Badawi (GPS: 5.40853, 100.36937)
- Padang Pemuda Merdeka (GPS: 5.40848, 100.3698)
- Taman Pantai (GPS: 5.4055, 100.3672)
Transportation Hubs in Bagan Luar
- Pengkalan Sultan Abdul Halim (GPS: 5.39468, 100.36366)
- Penang Sentral (GPS: 5.39548, 100.36511)
Eateries in Bagan Luar
- Old Market Food Court (GPS: 5.39686, 100.3668)
Places of worship in Bagan Luar
- Butterworth Floating Mosque (GPS: 5.40959, 100.36613)
- Butterworth Gospel Hall (GPS: 5.40441, 100.37215)
- Butterworth Tian Gong Tan Temple (GPS: 5.40878, 100.37389)
- Maha Mariamman Devasthanam Temple (GPS: 5.4126, 100.3703)
- Sri Sithi Vinayagar Temple (GPS: 5.41174, 100.37124)
- St Mark's Church (GPS: 5.40541, 100.3677)
Buildings in Bagan Luar
- NB Tower (GPS: 5.39686, 100.3668)
Bus Nos. 601
goes through Bagan Luar.
Location of Bagan Luar on map
Explore Malaysia with Penang Travel Tips
Penang Travel Tips is not just about Penang. You can get lots of useful information to explore the rest of Malaysia right here!
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Quick Links for the Busy Traveler
- Book Long Distance Bus Tickets in Malaysia and Singapore
- Find A Hotel Room
- Having a computer issue? Get a technician sent to your home or hotel, if you are anywhere in Penang.
Advertise on this website
Yes, you can advertise your business on this website. You can put an ad on a specific page or across all the pages, so that readers of this website will discover your business. contact me here.
All About Me
Let me take a moment to thank you for visiting my website, Penang Travel Tips. Since I started it in 2003, it has grown to become the
online encyclopedia of Penang. My name is Timothy Tye
, and I am one of the few full-time web authors. This website Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about. You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, the Americas
, indeed the whole the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Facebook, or LIKE any of my Facebook pages: Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.