Bagan Luar, Seberang Perai
Bagan Luar is a place in the heart of Butterworth. It is named after Kampung Bagan Luar which used to be located north of Jalan Chain Ferry (as opposed to Bagan Dalam). Jalan Bagan Luar forms the main artery through Bagan Luar. The area is bordered by the Butterworth Outer Ring Road (BORR) to the west, Jalan Telaga Air to the north, Jalan Siram and Jalan Sungai Nyior to the east; and Jalan Chain Ferry and Jalan Metcher to the south. Within this area are small villages still existing, including Kampung Benggali.
Prominent buildings in Bagan Luar includes Dewan Dato Haji Ahmad Badawi, Dataran Pemuda Merdeka, St Mark's Church, Maha Mariamman Devasthanam Temple, Tian Gong Tan Temple and the Majlis Perbandaran Seberang Perai.
Rapid Penang Bus Nos. 601, 602 and 702 goes through Bagan Luar.
- Dewan Dato Haji Ahmad Badawi
- Maha Mariamman Devasthanam Temple
View Bagan Luar, Seberang Perai in a larger map
Going somewhere? Whether you are travelling to Penang or from Penang or from somewhere else to somewhere else, you can now book your bus tickets online right here! Pay using credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), Paypal, or even bank transfers!
Hello and welcome to my website, Penang Travel Tips, yay! As you would expect, the articles on this website don't write themselves. Well, they are all written by me, Timothy Tye, based on my research and exploration of Penang.
I created it to compile everything that I know about Penang and to share it all with you. I hope my website provides you the information you are looking for, and that you will enjoy browsing and reading it! If you found any errors, please let me know so that I can correct it. For all correspondences, click here to contact me. Thank you and have a nice day!
- Rapid Penang Bus Routes: This very useful page provides you all the information to take the public bus to visit any place in Penang.
- Arriving by plane: Essential information for independent travelers (those not following a tour package) on taking the bus or taxi upon arrival at Penang International Airport.
- Taking the Taxi: Taxi stands can be found at all major shopping malls. You can also call a taxi by phone. Get the details here.
- Personal Guided Tours of Penang: If you like a licensed tour guide to show you around, get in touch with me and I'll arrange it for you. The fee is RM90 per hour. Payment for the first two hours collected upon booking.
- Hospitals in Penang: Penang is a major regional medical tourism destination. If you are planning to come here for therapy or treatment, find out about the various hospitals available.
- Penang Island Residential Property Guide: If you ever consider buying a residential property on Penang Island, read this guide before taking any action.
- Penang Visitor FAQ: Frequently asked questions of visitors planning their trip to Penang.
- Shopping malls of Penang: Penang has plenty of malls. Visitors often find that prices in Penang are often lower than back home. Get to know the malls in Penang.
- Ernest Zacharevic George Town Murals: The murals by a young Lithuanian artist, created for the 2012 George Town Festivals, has become the biggest tourist attraction in Penang. Get information and a full list of the murals that everybody loves to photograph!
Copyright © 2003-2015 Timothy Tye. All Rights Reserved.