Olive Tree Hotel (GPS: 5.327004, 100.279637) is a 25-storey 4-star hotel in Bayan Baru, Penang. It is located on Jalan Mahsuri. Olive Tree Hotel offers 252 rooms, which include the Deluxe Twin, Deluxe King and Executive Deluxe rooms. The hotel adjoins Olive Tree Residences, and is just across the road from SPICE, making it a superb choice for conference attendees.
It is such a pleasure to make hotel visits because the staff always makes me feel right at home. This is the front desk staff of Olive Tree.
I am informed by the Olive Tree Hotel that it is a green hotel in a green building. Among the efforts undertaken to that end include collecting rainwater for recycling, the use of solar panels, and the installation of low-energy lighting.
The Olive Tree Hotel has two food and beverage outlets. Selah (presently under renovation, will further update on this outlet soon) is their coffee house. It is located on Level 1 (ground floor) and is open daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. On Level 2 is the Sukkah Coffee House, which is the main eatery at the hotel. It offers buffet breakfasts (6:00 am to 10:30 am) and also all day dining until 11:00 pm.
Being located in close proximity to the Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone, the Olive Tree Hotel is geared for corporate functions as such off-site meetings, conferences and seminars. They have a number of meeting rooms. These have partition walls which can be removed to expand on room size according to need. The hotel is also able to host wedding banquets and live performances at its grand ballroom, which can accommodate some 650 attendees.
Facilities at Olive Tree Hotel include swimming pool, gymnasium, spa, sauna and yoga room. All guest rooms, function rooms and the grand ballroom have high-speed Internet access. The guest rooms are equipped with flat-screen television, telephone, steam iron, ironing board, safe deposit box, bedroom slippers, complimentary drinking water and mini fridge. There are no snacks in the fridge, and can be made available upon request.
Why Choose Olive Tree Hotel
- It offers all the creature comfort and amenities expected of a mainstream hotel for travelers who need to be in the Bayan Lepas area.
- Its proximity to SPICE means it is well positioned for those attending events there.
- It has a number of f&b outlets offering a variety of food, with more restaurants within walking distance.
- It has facilities for business seminars and conventions.
- Very near to the airport - for those who wants to catch an early flight and skip the traffic woes.
- It is suitable for business travellers - proximity to the Free Trade Zone, facilities such as business centre, complimentary scheduled shuttle, services which are rendered necessary to busy corporate travellers.
- It has a well-equipped gym that is open from 5am to 12 midnight - for those who want to workout before / after work.
Olive Tree Hotel
76 Jalan Mahsuri
11950 Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Phone: +60 4 637 7777
Current Promotions at Olive Tree Hotel
Scroll through the hotel's current promotions below, or click here to view All Promos
Join the Ezoic Google Certified Publishing Partner program
If you own a high-traffic blog or website (one that receives over 10,000 visitors per month), you may apply to join Ezoic, a Google Certified Publishing Partner, that has a program that can place higher-paying Adsense ads on your site. If you wish to know more, ask me about it.
Thank you for visiting my website. I started it in 2003, and today it has over twenty thousand pages of information. My name is Timothy Tye. You can call me Tim. I have been writing my website full time since 1 November 2007, and I am enjoying every moment of it. I write my website to satisfy my own curiosity, but I am glad if the information is useful to you.