(GPS: 5.527686, 100.381479) is a small town in Seberang Perai Utara
on the Penang Mainland
. It is located to the north of Teluk Air Tawar
. The pekan, or town centre, is similar to most small towns in Malaysia, comprising semi-wooden shophouses, with a few brick ones, lining both sides of Jalan Penaga.
Sights in Penaga on the map
Sights in Penaga
- Aik Keow Primary School (GPS: 5.52531, 100.38102)
- Masjid Jamek Nurussaadah (GPS: 5.51639, 100.383)
- Masjid Penaga (GPS: 5.52796, 100.38189)
- Medan Selera PERDA Lahar Endin (GPS: 5.53236, 100.38032)
- Pasar Awam Penaga (local wet market) (GPS: 5.52831, 100.38011)
- Penaga Tua Pek Kong Temple (GPS: 5.52561, 100.38098)
Surrounding Villages to Penaga
- Kampung Kuala Muda (GPS: 5.57435, 100.33932)
- Permatang Binjai (GPS: 5.49978, 100.39574)
- Permatang Kuala (GPS: 5.50546, 100.3919)
- Permatang Pak Elong (GPS: 5.50668, 100.40248)
- Permatang Rambai (GPS: 5.5269, 100.39495)
- Permatang Sintok (GPS: 5.51551, 100.40244)
- Pulau Mertajam (GPS: 5.57186, 100.36208)
Roads in Penaga
- Jalan Permatang Bendahari
360° View of Penaga
So far, Penaga appears slightly out of the way, as far as development is concerned. The place is still rural, and the pace here is slower than in the central and southern part of Seberang Perai. The two main roads in the area are Jalan Penaga and Jalan Permatang Bendahari, which goes all the way to the bank of the Muda River
, across from Kota Kuala Muda
The village of Kampung Baru Penaga is located on the coast overlooking Penang Island. Other villages in the area includes Kampung Kuala Muda
, Kampung Bakar Kapor, Kampung Penaga Dua, Kampung Lahar Endin and Kampung Tembusu.
Exit the North-South Expressway
at Exit 166 (Bertam Interchange). Head west to reach Penaga.
Location of Penaga on the map
Explore Malaysia with Penang Travel Tips
Penang Travel Tips is not just about Penang. You can get lots of useful information to explore the rest of Malaysia right here!
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Quick Links for the Busy Traveler
- Book Long Distance Bus Tickets in Malaysia and Singapore
- Find A Hotel Room
- Having a computer issue? Get a technician sent to your home or hotel, if you are anywhere in Penang.
Advertise on this website
Yes, you can advertise your business on this website. You can put an ad on a specific page or across all the pages, so that readers of this website will discover your business. contact me here.
All About Me
Let me take a moment to thank you for visiting my website, Penang Travel Tips. Since I started it in 2003, it has grown to become the
online encyclopedia of Penang. My name is Timothy Tye
, and I am one of the few full-time web authors. This website Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about. You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, the Americas
, indeed the whole the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Facebook, or LIKE any of my Facebook pages: Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.