Christ Church, Air Itam
(4 June, 2011)
(GPS: 5.40512, 100.28137) is an Anglican church along Jalan Air Itam
in Air Itam, Penang. It is located near the Chinese Anti-War Memorial
, on the main road between the Air Itam Roundabout and the police station.
Christ Church traces its history back to 1962, when the St. Paul's Church
at Macalister Road started its outreach work in Ayer Itam
. It began at a house which was known as the Ayer Itam Mission House. There, a kindergarten was established which church services being held in Hokkien on Sunday evenings.
Courtesy of Christ Church
The present Christ Church building was completed in 1983. It was built on the lot previously occupied by its former premises. The Hokkien congregation continued to have its services there on Sunday evenings while a fairly large English congregation branched out from St Paul's Church, holding worship services on Sunday mornings. Both congregations are under the pastoral care of the vicar, the Reverend Christopher Tan, who is mobilising the laity in building up the Body of Christ, the church.
The Tadika St. Paul is a kindergarten that is still being conducted at the premises of Christ Church.
Christ Church Penang
531 MK 16, Jalan Air Itam
Tel: 04-828 6497
Courtesy of Christ Church
Christ Church is on the map of Jalan Air Itam
Upper North Archdeaconry of the Anglican Diocese of West Malaysia
The following are the Anglican churches on the northern part of West Malaysia:
- Bagan Jermal Anglican Church, 4 Jalan Bagan Jermal, 10250 Penang, tel: 012 473 8621 (Mr Charles Ooi)
- Bukit Mertajam Anglican Centre, 117B, Lorong Tembikai 1, 14000 Bukit Mertajam, Penang
- Christ Church, 531 MK 16, Jalan Air Itam, 11500 Penang, tel: 828 6497
- Church of the Good Shepherd, 57 Jalan Perusahaan Jelutong 3, 11600 Jelutong, tel: 019 557 6930 (Rev John Kennady)
- Church of the Redeemer, 306 Jalan Bagan Lebai Tahir, Bagan Ajam, 13050 Butterworth, tel: 323 1568
- Emmanuel Harvest Centre, 276/2 & 278/2 Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim, Sungai Ara, 11900 Bayan Lepas, tel: 658 6515
- Gereja St Mark, 1-14B, 30000 Jalan Baru, NB Plaza, 13700 Perai, tel: 012 2421091 (Dss Julih Bah Aew)
- Holy Trinity Church, 14300 Nibong Tebal
- St George's Church, 1 Farquhar Street, 10200 Penang, tel: 227 7612 (Rev Joel Leow)
- St Mark's Church, 3826, Jalan St Mark, 12000 Butterworth, tel: 332 8197 (Rev John Kennady)
- St Paul's Church, 56 Macalister Road, 10400 Penang, tel: 226 0614 (Rev David Teh)
- St Paul's Church, Lorong Rusa 6, Taman Selamat Alma, 14000 Bukit Mertajam, tel: 551 4005 (Rev George Micheal)
- St Philip & St James' Church, 3A, Jalan Kapal Terbang, 08000 Sungai Petani, Kedah, tel: 016 499 6929 (Rev Alex Kok), 016 676 7460 (Rev Gerard Emmanuel)
- St Thomas Church, Jalan Hospital, 09000 Kulim, Kedah, tel: 551 4005 (Rev George Michael), 226 0614 (Rev Stephen Soe)
Penang Travel Tips wishes to thank Christ Church for the help
rendered in preparing this write-up.
Explore Malaysia with Penang Travel Tips
Penang Travel Tips is not just about Penang. You can get lots of useful information to explore the rest of Malaysia right here!
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Advertise on this website
To put an add on this website, contact me here.
Having a computer issue?
If your computer isn't performing up satisfactorily level, contact a technician to look at your computer issue
, if you live on Penang Island.
The Travel Tips Made In Penang
Hello and thank you for visiting Penang Travel Tips. My name is Timothy Tye
, and you are reading my personal online encyclopedia, created to share my knowledge with you. Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about.
You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, including Kuala Lumpur
, Johor Bahru
, Alor Setar
, every state in Malaysia
, every state capital in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, and eventually the rest of the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Facebook, or LIKE any of my Facebook pages: Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.