"This Old Man" Mural, Armenian Street
This Old Man Mural, Armenian Street, George Town, Penang (30 June, 2012)
This Old Man is a giant mural on the wall of a shophouse facing Armenian Street, in George Town, Penang. The painting, which appears somewhat incomplete, depicts an elderly man who appears to be preparing a drink for himself. It was painted by Lithuanian artist Ernest Zacharevic for the 2012 George Town Festival.
This Old Man, painted by numbers
The do-it-yourself company, Pre-sen-te, has come up with a paint-by-numbers canvas depicting this mural. My wife painted it based on the canvas, and this is the results.
This Old Man, painted by numbers, from Pre-Sen-Te (2 August, 2014)
Let's Share Our Shot: "This Old Man"
Have you taken a photo of yourself with This Old Man Mural? If so, please share with us your photo right here at the Penang Street Art Facebook Group! Let's discover and enjoy Penang Street Art together!
The Making of "This Old Man"
The "This Old Man" mural required the scaffolding to be erected on the wall for the artist to work. It is one of the two larger-than-life murals that Zacharevic worked on, the other being "Little Girl in Blue". Note that all names for murals are provided by this website, and the murals themselves were not named.
View "This Old Man" Mural in a larger map
Penang Street Art Facebook GroupFor the latest on the street art in Penang, please join the Penang Street Art Facebook Group!
Going somewhere? Whether you are travelling to Penang or from Penang or from somewhere else to somewhere else, you can now book your bus tickets online right here! Pay using credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), Paypal, or even bank transfers!
Hello and welcome to my website, Penang Travel Tips, yay! As you would expect, the articles on this website don't write themselves. Well, they are all written by me, Timothy Tye, based on my research and exploration of Penang.
I created it to compile everything that I know about Penang and to share it all with you. I hope my website provides you the information you are looking for, and that you will enjoy browsing and reading it! If you found any errors, please let me know so that I can correct it. For all correspondences, click here to contact me. Thank you and have a nice day!
- Rapid Penang Bus Routes: This very useful page provides you all the information to take the public bus to visit any place in Penang.
- Arriving by plane: Essential information for independent travelers (those not following a tour package) on taking the bus or taxi upon arrival at Penang International Airport.
- Taking the Taxi: Taxi stands can be found at all major shopping malls. You can also call a taxi by phone. Get the details here.
- Personal Guided Tours of Penang: If you like a licensed tour guide to show you around, get in touch with me and I'll arrange it for you. The fee is RM90 per hour. Payment for the first two hours collected upon booking.
- Hospitals in Penang: Penang is a major regional medical tourism destination. If you are planning to come here for therapy or treatment, find out about the various hospitals available.
- Penang Island Residential Property Guide: If you ever consider buying a residential property on Penang Island, read this guide before taking any action.
- Penang Visitor FAQ: Frequently asked questions of visitors planning their trip to Penang.
- Shopping malls of Penang: Penang has plenty of malls. Visitors often find that prices in Penang are often lower than back home. Get to know the malls in Penang.
- Ernest Zacharevic George Town Murals: The murals by a young Lithuanian artist, created for the 2012 George Town Festivals, has become the biggest tourist attraction in Penang. Get information and a full list of the murals that everybody loves to photograph!
Copyright © 2003-2015 Timothy Tye. All Rights Reserved.