"The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler" Mural
The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler is a giant mural that graces the wall of a building on Penang Road (not Upper Penang Road as reported in the newspaper), Penang. It faces the Red Garden Food Paradise Car Park. The mural depicts an elderly trishaw paddler sitting in his vehicle, probably waiting for customers. It is a fitting tribute to the trishaw paddlers who congregate at the trishaw station across the road, in front of the St Francis Xavier Church.
The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler mural was one of those painted by Lithuanian artist Ernest Zacharevic, as part of the Mirrors George Town project. It measures 15.2 m by 15.2 m, and is probably the largest of the murals painted by Zacharevic in George Town.
Let's Share Our Shot: "The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler"
Have you taken a photo of yourself with the The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler? If so, please share with us your photo right here at the Penang Street Art Facebook Group! Let's discover and enjoy Penang Street Art together!
The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler Mural, Penang Road, George Town, Penang (21 July, 2012)
Closeup view of The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler mural (12 August, 2005)
The trishaw man, in real life, in George Town (1 July, 2012)
The mural at night
Author: © Gabija Grusaite
View "The Awaiting Trishaw Pedaler" Mural in a larger map
Penang Street Art Facebook GroupFor the latest on the street art in Penang, please join the Penang Street Art Facebook Group!
Hello and welcome to my website, Penang Travel Tips, yay! As you would expect, the articles on this website don't write themselves. Well, they are all written by me, Timothy Tye, based on my research and exploration of Penang.
I created it to compile everything that I know about Penang and to share it all with you. I hope my website provides you the information you are looking for, and that you will enjoy browsing and reading it! If you found any errors, please let me know so that I can correct it. For all correspondences, click here to contact me. Thank you and have a nice day!
- Rapid Penang Bus Routes: This very useful page provides you all the information to take the public bus to visit any place in Penang.
- Arriving by plane: Essential information for independent travelers (those not following a tour package) on taking the bus or taxi upon arrival at Penang International Airport.
- Taking the Taxi: Taxi stands can be found at all major shopping malls. You can also call a taxi by phone. Get the details here.
- Personal Guided Tours of Penang: If you like a licensed tour guide to show you around, get in touch with me and I'll arrange it for you. The fee is RM90 per hour. Payment for the first two hours collected upon booking.
- Hospitals in Penang: Penang is a major regional medical tourism destination. If you are planning to come here for therapy or treatment, find out about the various hospitals available.
- Penang Island Residential Property Guide: If you ever consider buying a residential property on Penang Island, read this guide before taking any action.
- Penang Visitor FAQ: Frequently asked questions of visitors planning their trip to Penang.
- Shopping malls of Penang: Penang has plenty of malls. Visitors often find that prices in Penang are often lower than back home. Get to know the malls in Penang.
- Ernest Zacharevic George Town Murals: The murals by a young Lithuanian artist, created for the 2012 George Town Festivals, has become the biggest tourist attraction in Penang. Get information and a full list of the murals that everybody loves to photograph!
Going somewhere? Whether you are travelling to Penang or from Penang or from somewhere else to somewhere else, you can now book your bus tickets online right here! Pay using credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), Paypal, or even bank transfers!
Copyright © 2003-2014 Timothy Tye. All Rights Reserved.