"Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur" Mural, Ah Quee Street
Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur Mural is a whimsical mural painted on the wall at Ah Quee Street, George Town, Penang. The painting is the work of London-trained artist Ernest Zacharevic, who is commissioned by the Penang Island Municipal Council (MPPP) to provide a collection of street art in conjunction with the 2012 George Town Festival.
Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur Mural, Ah Quee Street, George Town, Penang (30 June, 2012)
Close-up view of the little boy (30 June, 2012)
"Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur" depicts a small boy taking his dinosaur for a walk. The fact that the dinosaur is rendered in the form of child-like graffiti expresses the creative mind of small children and how they merge fantasy with reality. This painting works so well despite its off beat subject. It could have been "Little Boy with His Kite", and would have come across as mundane.
Let's Share Our Shot: "Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur"
Have you taken a photo of yourself with the Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur Mural? If so, please share with us your photo right here at the Penang Street Art Facebook Group! Let's discover and enjoy Penang Street Art together!
20 September, 2014
The wall on which Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur and Boy on a Bike murals are painted is presently undergoing restoration. I hope that with this restoration, the faded murals will also be touched up.
Wall where murals are painted undergoing restoration (29 September, 2014)
30 June, 2014
Two years after it was painted, the mural has greatly deteriorated.
Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur, 2014 (30 June, 2014)
28 August, 2012: The Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur mural appeared in the news when it was found to be vandalised. Someone had scratched on it with what appeared to be charcoal lines. It was the second Ernest Zacharevic mural to be vandalised, the first being Little Children on a Bicycle.
View "Little Boy with Pet Dinosaur" Mural in a larger map
Penang Street Art Facebook GroupFor the latest on the street art in Penang, please join the Penang Street Art Facebook Group!
Going somewhere? Whether you are travelling to Penang or from Penang or from somewhere else to somewhere else, you can now book your bus tickets online right here! Pay using credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), Paypal, or even bank transfers!
Hello and welcome to my website, Penang Travel Tips, yay! As you would expect, the articles on this website don't write themselves. Well, they are all written by me, Timothy Tye, based on my research and exploration of Penang.
I created it to compile everything that I know about Penang and to share it all with you. I hope my website provides you the information you are looking for, and that you will enjoy browsing and reading it! If you found any errors, please let me know so that I can correct it. For all correspondences, click here to contact me. Thank you and have a nice day!
- Rapid Penang Bus Routes: This very useful page provides you all the information to take the public bus to visit any place in Penang.
- Arriving by plane: Essential information for independent travelers (those not following a tour package) on taking the bus or taxi upon arrival at Penang International Airport.
- Taking the Taxi: Taxi stands can be found at all major shopping malls. You can also call a taxi by phone. Get the details here.
- Personal Guided Tours of Penang: If you like a licensed tour guide to show you around, get in touch with me and I'll arrange it for you. The fee is RM90 per hour. Payment for the first two hours collected upon booking.
- Hospitals in Penang: Penang is a major regional medical tourism destination. If you are planning to come here for therapy or treatment, find out about the various hospitals available.
- Penang Island Residential Property Guide: If you ever consider buying a residential property on Penang Island, read this guide before taking any action.
- Penang Visitor FAQ: Frequently asked questions of visitors planning their trip to Penang.
- Shopping malls of Penang: Penang has plenty of malls. Visitors often find that prices in Penang are often lower than back home. Get to know the malls in Penang.
- Ernest Zacharevic George Town Murals: The murals by a young Lithuanian artist, created for the 2012 George Town Festivals, has become the biggest tourist attraction in Penang. Get information and a full list of the murals that everybody loves to photograph!
Copyright © 2003-2015 Timothy Tye. All Rights Reserved.