Gula Melaka Malaiko is a type of steamed local kuih. My wife would make this every once in a while when she feels like having it for a snack.
- 100g gula melaka
- 50g molasse (we use high-quality organic molasse)
- 100ml full cream milk (we just use packet milk)
- 80g corn oil
- 3 kampong eggs
- 150g self-raising flour *
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda *
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder *
- 2 tablespoons melon seeds
* Mix these and sieve.
Steps - use hand whisk only
- Double-boil the gula melaka and milk until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down slightly. Add in eggs one by one and mix it well. Add in corn oil and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in the sifted flour to the mixture in three batches. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Line a 7-inch round baking tray with baking paper. Lightly stir the mixture and pour into the tray.
- Sprinkle the melon seeds on the surface.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until done. Let it cool, and yum yum, it's ready to be enjoyed!
Thank you for visiting my website. I started it in 2003, and today it has over twenty thousand pages of information. My name is Timothy Tye. You can call me Tim. I have been writing my website full time since 1 November 2007, and I am enjoying every moment of it. I write my website to satisfy my own curiosity, but I am glad if the information is useful to you.