To submit event, click here. Approved events are listed free of charge.
Gula Melaka Malaiko Recipe (3 July, 2013)
Gula Melaka Malaiko is a type of steamed local kuih. My wife would make this every once in a while when she feels like having it for a snack.
- 100g gula melaka
- 50g molasse (we use high-quality organic molasse)
- 100ml full cream milk (we just use packet milk)
- 80g corn oil
- 3 kampong eggs
- 150g self-raising flour *
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda *
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder *
- 2 tablespoons melon seeds
* Mix these and sieve.
Steps - use hand whisk only
- Double-boil the gula melaka and milk until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down slightly. Add in eggs one by one and mix it well. Add in corn oil and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in the sifted flour to the mixture in three batches. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Line a 7-inch round baking tray with baking paper. Lightly stir the mixture and pour into the tray.
- Sprinkle the melon seeds on the surface.
- Steam for 30 minutes or until done. Let it cool, and yum yum, it's ready to be enjoyed!
Thank you for visiting my travel encyclopedia. I started it in 2003, and today it has over twenty thousand pages, all written by me. My name is Timothy Tye, you can call me Tim. I am a full-time website author writing only my own website, to describe things and places I am curious about. To know more about me, go to www.timothytye.com I have been living at home writing my websites full time since 2007. I describe my alternative lifestyle in my Happy Jobless Guy website.
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News to people all over the world.