Anchor is a famous brand of dairy products from New Zealand. Founded in 1886, the dairy products manufacturer is today owned by New Zealand export company Fonterra. In Malaysia, Anchor offers a wide range of products. Some of these are available on the supermarket shelves, including its butter and cheese under the "Anchor" brand, while its milk powder is sold under the "Fernleaf" brand.
On 15 July, 2017, the dairy foodservices segment of the company, Anchor Food Professionals, launched a line of artisanal pizzas at its partner restaurants. My wife and I were privileged to an invitation for the launching and got to sample two artisanal pizzas, the Adjaruli Khachapuri pizza and Pot Pie pizza. In terms of appearance, Anchor's artisanal pizzas are definitely a departure from the usual pizzas that we all know.
The Adjaruli Khachapuri is in the shape of a boat gilled with hot cheese and egg, which are served to the table and mixed together there. The name Adjaruli Khachapuri comes from Georgia in Central Asia. It refers to a boat-shaped bread with cheese and egg that is eaten hot. As this Georgian invention is now the rage all over the world, Anchor Food Professional has decided to introduce it to the Malaysian market. At US Pizza, In addition to the Georgian name, the Adjaruli Khachapouri is also called the Cheese Boat Pizza, and is available in two types: the regular type for RM38, and an additional RM8 for the Grilled Smoke Duck type.
The Adjaruli Khachapuri artisanal pizza. (15 July, 2017)
US Pizza staff mixing the cheese and egg of the Adjaruli Khachapuri pizza. (15 July, 2017)
The other type of artisanal pizza launched by Anchor Food Professionals at US Pizza is the Pot Pie Pizza. For this pizza, the dough is made to appear like a molten lake of cheese, with ingredients in it. The pizza comes in a bowl, looking very much like a pot pie - hence the name. It is then overturned, so that the contents is on top of the dough.
The Pot Pie artisanal pizza. (15 July, 2017)
US Pizza staff preparing the Pot Pie pizza. (15 July, 2017)
The contents of the Pot Pie pizza include Mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and other items. (15 July, 2017)
Anchor Foods Professionals List of Participating Outlets - May - Mid November, 2017
- Movida Kitchen+Terrace@Kepong: Unit G-03, K-Gallery, Jalan Menjalara Idaman 1/62A, Bandar Menjalara, 52200 Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
- Movida The Scott Garden: Unit 1-41 & 1-42, The Scott Garden, Lot 289, Jalan Klang Lama, 58000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Movida Changkat Bukit Bintang: No. 52 & 54, Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang, Off Jalan Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur.
- Movida Sunway Giza: Unit C-03 & C-03A, Block C, Sunway Giza, No. 2 Jalan PJU 5/14, PJU 5, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya
- Movida Puchong IOI Boulevard: Lot G2 & G3, Ground Floor, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 5, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47170 Puchong.
- Movida Cheras Selatan: Unit 11, 12 & 13, Upper Ground Floor Level, Center Stage, Jalan C180/1, Dataran C180, 43200 Cheras Selatan, Selangor
- Movida PJ Centrestage: G23A & G25, PJ Centrestage, No.1, Jalan 13/1, Seksyen 13, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- U Pizzeria: No. 23, Jalan USJ 21/11, 47620 Subang Jaya, Selangor.
- Movida Seremban Sendayan: PT 12653, Pusat Dagangan Sendayan 1, 71950 Bandar Sri Sendayan, Negeri Sembilan.
- Movida Muar: No. 30 & 32, Jalan Perniagaan Bakri 1, Taman Pusat Perniagaan Bakri, Jalan Bakri, 84000 Muar, Johor.
- Movida Batu Pahat: No. 25 & 27, Jalan Flora Utama 7, Taman Flora Utama, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor.
- Movida Austin Height: No. 18-20, Jalan Austin Height 8/4, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 Johor Bahru, Johor.
- Ejohng Concept: 45, Jalan Pulai Perdana 11, Taman Sri Pulai Perdana, 81110 Skudai, Johor.
- Movida Kota Laksamana: No. 2-1-2 & 4-1-2, Jalan KSB 12, Taman Kota Syahbandar, 75200 Melaka.
- US Pizza: Lot 110-1-12, Summerton Bayan Indah, Persiaran Bayan Indah, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang.
- US Pizza: 3D, Lorong Delima Satu, 11700 Greenlane, Pulau Pinang.
- Lunarich: LOT 2.33, L2 A2a, Level 2, Gurney Paragon Mall, Persiaran Gurney, 10250 Penang.
- Movida: No. 12 & 14, Jalan Veerasamy, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.
- U Pizzeria: No. 8, Pusat Perniagaan Manjung, Point 3, 32040 Seri Manjung, Perak.
- The Chubs Grill: G-06, Ground Floor, Plaza Shell, 88300, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
- Mad Ben Cafe: 121, Jalan Gaya, Pusat Bandar Kota Kinabalu, 88000, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
- Chillax Café & Bistro: Lot 2085, Ground Floor, Jalan MS 1/1 Marina Square, Marina Parkcity, 98000 Miri, Sarawak.
- Coup De Grill: No 88, (L8161) Ground Floor, Bintulu Sentral, Jalan Kidurong, 97000 Bintulu, Sarawak.
- Bistecca & Bistro: Lot 2149, S/L 12, No 30, Ground Floor, Lorong Sena 8, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak.
Thank you for visiting my travel encyclopedia. I started it in 2003, and today it has over twenty thousand pages, all written by me. My name is Timothy Tye, you can call me Tim. I am a full-time website author writing only my own website, to describe things and places I am curious about. To know more about me, go to www.timothytye.com I have been living at home writing my websites full time since 2007. I describe my alternative lifestyle in my Happy Jobless Guy website.
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News to people all over the world.