Kuantan Travel Tips
(31 December, 2006)
(GPS: 3.81955, 103.33225) is the capital of Pahang, Malaysia
. It is located near the mouth of the Kuantan River. The city has a population of 607,778 people, making it the 9th largest city in Malaysia. The town of Kuantan is said to have been founded in the 1850's. It was known in those early days as Kampung Teruntum.
The choice of Kuantan as the capital of Pahang came as late as 1955, when the British relocated there capital from Kuala Lipis
. The town's location by the coast makes it a more strategic site for a capital. Moreover it is closer to the royal town of Pekan
. Since becoming the state capital, Kuantan quickly grew to become the biggest town in Pahang.
Location of Sights in Kuantan on the map
Places of Interest in Kuantan
- Batu Hitam (GPS: 3.88812, 103.36649)
- Beserah (GPS: 3.91666, 103.36555)
- Pulau Ular (GPS: 4.05612, 103.40851)
- Stadium Darul Makmur (GPS: 3.8149, 103.32378)
- Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre (GPS: 3.81944, 103.32648)
- Sultan Ahmad Shah Mosque (GPS: 3.8079, 103.32804)
- Sungai Pandan Waterfall (GPS: 3.79051, 103.1453)
- Taman Pertanian Jubli Perak Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah (GPS: 3.846384, 103.300860)
- Teluk Cempedak (GPS: 3.81073, 103.37276)
- Tokong Kong Hock (GPS: 3.80942, 103.31525)
- Taman Teruntum: Public park with lotus lake and pavilions.
- Taman Gelora: Public park with pathways for evening strolls and jogging.
- Balai Karyaneka: Souvenir centre with a good variety of trinkets and handicrafts.
- Tanjung Pelindung: A boulder-strewn beach that is favoured by campers and bird watchers.
- Riverfront Park: A promenade and park beside the Kuantan River.
Categories of Sights in Kuantan
- Convention Centres in Kuantan
- Hotels in Kuantan
- Mosques in Kuantan
- Shopping Malls in Kuantan
Shopping Malls in Kuantan
- East Coast Mall (GPS: 3.81784, 103.32633)
Transport Infrastructure in Kuantan
Sungai Kuantan Promenade at Riverfront Park
- Sultan Ahmad Shah Airport (GPS: 3.78071, 103.21414)
- Terminal Sentral Kuantan (GPS: 3.82969, 103.28448)
(31 December, 2006)
Kuantan on Google Maps Street View
How to reach Kuantan
Most people reach Kuantan by road. It is connected to the west coast by the Karak Expressway while the East Coast Highway connects it to Johor and Terengganu. Alternatively there are a few flights connecting it to Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines. Firefly also flies between Kuantan and Singapore four times a week.
The rocky coastline of Batu Hitam in Beserah, Kuantanhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Kuantan#/media/File:Kuantan_City_Center.jpg
Getting Around Kuantan
Public transport in Kuantan can only be described as poor. Thus you should either take the taxi or rent a car if you are not driving to Kuantan.
Kompleks Teruntum, Kuantan
(31 December, 2006)
List of Businesses in the Directory
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Our Special Feature on Penang Travel Tips this week is Kuala Lumpur Travel Tips
. Get to know Kuala Lumpur neighbourhood by neighbourhood through the map below.
Quick Links for the Busy Traveler
- Book Long Distance Bus Tickets in Malaysia and Singapore
- Find A Hotel Room
Advertise on this website
Yes, you can advertise your business on this website. You can put an ad on a specific page or across all the pages, so that readers of this website will discover your business. contact me here.
All About Me
Let me take a moment to thank you for visiting my website, Penang Travel Tips. Since I started it in 2003, it has grown to become the
online encyclopedia of Penang. My name is Timothy Tye
, and I am one of the few full-time web authors. This website Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about. You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, the Americas
, indeed the whole the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Faceboook, or my Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.