List of Streets in Kuala Lumpur
- Changkat Bukit Bintang: Minor Road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Changkat Kia Peng: Minor Road off Jalan Kia Peng.
- Jalan Ampang: Road named after the district of Ampang, where tin was first mined.
- Jalan Balai Polis: Minor road on the southern side of Chinatown.
- Jalan Bangsar: Major road on the southwestern part of the Bangsar neighbourhood.
- Jalan Belia: Minor road in the Chow Kit area.
- Jalan Berangan: Minor Road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Jalan Berhala: Minor road in the Brickfields area.
- Jalan Binjai: Avenue in the KLCC enclave.
- Jalan Bintang: Minor Road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Jalan Bukit Aman: Formerly Bluff Road.
- Jalan Bukit Bintang: Street named after a small hill called Bukit Bintang.
- Jalan Bukit Nanas: Hill road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Bukit Travers: Minor hill road off Jalan Travers.
- Jalan Bulan: Minor Road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Jalan Cenderamulia: Tree-lined road in Perdana Botanical Gardens.
- Jalan Ceylon: Minor road in the Bukit Ceylon neighbourhood.
- Jalan Cheng Lock: Formerly Foch Avenue. Present name honours Tan Cheng Lock, the first president of the Malayan Chinese Association, a political party.
- Jalan Cheras: Major road leading out of Kuala Lumpur from the southeast.
- Jalan Chow Kit: Formerly Chow Kit Road. Working-class shopping street to the north of the inner city.
- Jalan Cochrane: Formerly Cochrane Road. Road through the former government quarters area of Kampung Pandan.
- Jalan Conlay: Road in the Bukit Bintang area in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Damansara: A major road on the southwest part of the inner city of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Dang Wangi: Formerly Campbell Road. The old name honours Douglas Campbell, the British advisor to Johor.
- Jalan Datuk Sulaiman: Main road in Taman Tun Dr Ismail.
- Jalan Dewan Bahasa: Formerly Jalan Lapangan Terbang Lama, Old Airport Road and Bellamy Road.
- Jalan Eaton: Minor road off Jalan Tun Razak.
- Jalan Esfahan: Formerly Jalan Selat or Straits Road. This very short road links Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman to Jalan Raja Laut. It is now named in honour of the city of Isfahan in Iran.
- Jalan Galloway: Minor road off Jalan Pudu.
- Jalan Genting Klang: Major road in Setapak, on the northern part of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Gereja: Formerly Church Street, a minor road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Gombak: A main road heading north from Kuala Lumpur to Pahang.
- Jalan Haji Taib: Road in the Chow Kit area.
- Jalan Hang Jebat: Formerly Davidson Road. The old name honours James Guthrie Davidson, a British Resident of Selangor.
- Jalan Hang Kasturi: Formerly Rodger Road.
- Jalan Hang Lekir: Formerly Cecil Street.
- Jalan Hang Lekiu: Formerly Klyne Street.
- Jalan Hang Tuah: Formerly Shaw Road.
- Jalan Imbi: Major road on the southern part of Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle.
- Jalan Ipoh: Major road leading north towards Ipoh.
- Jalan Istana: Major road from Jalan Damansara to Jalan Sungai Besi, part of the Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 1.
- Jalan Kampung: Formerly Village Road, this is a road through a working class neighbourhood south of Jalan Bukit Bintang.
- Jalan Kampung Attap: Minor road that runs parallel to Jalan Sultan Sulaiman.
- Jalan Kampung Pandan: Major road from downtown Kuala Lumpur to Kampung Pandan.
- Jalan Kepong: Main road in Kepong, on the northern part of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Kia Peng: Minor road located to the south of KLCC.
- Jalan Kinabalu: one of the main roads in Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Klang Lama (Old Klang Road): The oldest major road in the Klang Valley.
- Jalan Kuchai Lama: Road through former mining land in the southern part of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Kuching: Major road leading out of Kuala Lumpur bearing north.
- Jalan Loke Yew: Named after Loke Yew, one of the richest man in Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Maharajalela: Formerly Birch Road. The old name honours the first British Resident of Perak. The present name honours the Malay chieftain who was implicated in his assassination.
- Jalan Masjid India: Formerly Dickson Street. Present name is derived from the Indian Muslim mosque in the neighbourhood.
- Jalan Medan Tuanku: Minor road off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
- Jalan Merpati: Minor road off Jalan Raja Laut.
- Jalan Munshi Abdullah: Road in downtown Kuala Lumpur connecting Jalan Ampang to Jalan Dang Wangi.
- Jalan Nagasari: Street in the Bukit Bintang neighbourhood of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan P. Ramlee: Formerly Parry Road. The present name honours P. Ramlee, the country's most illustrious entertainer.
- Jalan Pahang: Major road leading north out of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Palmer: Minor road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Jalan Panggung: Minor road in the Chinatown area.
- Jalan Parliamen: Road that leads to the Malaysian House of Parliament. It was formed part of Club Road.
- Jalan Peel: Road on the southern part of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Perdana: Minor road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Perkasa: Major road in Taman Maluri and Kampung Pandan.
- Jalan Petaling / Petaling Street: Street named after the Petaling district of Selangor. This street is the heart of Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown.
- Jalan Pinang: Road in downtown Kuala Lumpur, formerly known as Penang Road.
- Jalan Pudu: Named after the Pudu district of Kuala Lumpur. The name Pudu is also spelled Pudoh during the British administration. This is where the Puduraya Bus Terminal is located.
- Jalan Raja: One of the major roads in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Raja Abdullah: Main road leading into Kampung Baru.
- Jalan Raja Alang: Road extending from Kampung Baru to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
- Jalan Raja Bot: Minor road extending from Chow Kit to Kampung Baru.
- Jalan Raja Chulan: Formerly Weld Road. The road was named in 1960 after Frederick Weld, the Governor of the Straits Settlements in from 1880-1887. In 1982 it was renamed after Raja Chulan, a member of the Perak royal family.
- Jalan Raja Laut: Formerly Broadrick Road
- Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz: Main road on the northern border of Kampung Baru.
- Jalan Robertson: Minor road off Jalan Pudu.
- Jalan Rozario: Minor road in Brickfields.
- Jalan Sahabat: Minor Road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Jalan Scott: Minor road in Brickfields.
- Jalan Segambut: Main road in Segambut, on the northern part of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Selangor: Minor road in Bukit Persekutuan.
- Jalan Shahbandar: Minor road in Maluri.
- Jalan Sri Amar: Minor road in the Chow Kit area.
- Jalan Stadium: Minor road providing access to Stadium Merdeka.
- Jalan Stesen Sentral: Road that wraps around KL Sentral and its surrounding development.
- Jalan Stonor: Minor road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Strachan: Minor road in Sentul West.
- Jalan Sultan: Street in the inner city.
- Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah: Stretch of Jalan Ipoh that was renamed in 2014.
- Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad: One of the main roads in Brickfields.
- Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin: Short stretch between Jalan Raja and Jalan Kinabalu.
- Jalan Sultan Ismail: Formerly Treacher Road. The old name honours William Hood Treacher, the 6th British Resident of Perak.
- Jalan Sultan Salahuddin: Road through an area of government departments.
- Jalan Sultan Sulaiman: Formerly Suleiman Road.
- Jalan Sungai Besi: Stretch of Jalan Ipoh that was renamed in 2014.
- Jalan Syed Putra: Formerly Lornie Road. Present name honours Tuanku Syed Putra, the third Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
- Jalan Tanglin: Minor road in the Bukit Aman area.
- Jalan Tangsi: Formerly Barrack Road, a relatively short road between Jalan Kinabalu and Jalan Parlimen.
- Jalan Tebing: Minor road in the Brickfields area.
- Jalan Tebing: Minor road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Thambipillay: Minor road in Brickfields.
- Jalan Travers: Major road in Brickfields.
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman: Formerly Batu Road. The present name honours the first Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
- Jalan Tun H.S. Lee: Formerly Jalan Bandar or High Street. Street in the heart of the inner city. Present name honours the first Finance Minister of the then Malaya.
- Jalan Tun Ismail: Hill road formerly known as Maxwell Road.
- Jalan Tun Perak
Street was originally called Java Street until 1961, when it was renamed Mountbatten Road. In the 1970's it was renamed Jalan Tun Perak after the legendary Malay Bendahara (prime minister) during the Malacca Sultanate era.
- Jalan Tun Razak: Major road that is part of the Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 1. It was formerly known as Jalan Pekeliling.
- Jalan Tun Tan Siew Sin: Formerly Jalan Silang or Cross Street, this is a street in the inner city of Kuala Lumpur. Its present name honours the Malaysian Minister of Finance, Tun Tan Siew Sin.
- Jalan Tong Shin: Minor road in the Bukit Bintang neighbourhood.
- Jalan Tugu: Formerly Cenotaph Road, this is a minor road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Tun Sambanthan: Formerly Jalan Brickfields or Brickfields Road, its present name honours V.T. Sambanthan, the president of the Malaysian Indian Congress, a political party.
- Jalan Walter Grenier: Minor road in the Bukit Bintang area.
- Jalan Wisma Putra: Minor road in the Kampung Attap area.
- Jalan Yap Ah Loy: Street named in hour of the Kapitan Cina of Kuala Lumpur is is widely regarded as being instrumental in establishing the city.
- Jalan Yap Kwan Seng: Street named after the last Kapitan Cina of Kuala Lumpur.
- Jalan Yap Tai Chi: Minor road in the Bukit Bintang neighbourhood.
- Jalan Yew: Major road on the southern part of downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Lebuh Pasar Besar: One of the oldest streets in Kuala Lumpur.
- Lebuh Pudu: Street in the inner city of Kuala Lumpur.
- Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar: Major highway on the northwestern part of the inner city of Kuala Lumpur, part of the Middle Ring Road 1.
- Lengkok Tun Sambanthan: Street in the inner city of Kuala Lumpur.
- Lorong Abdul Samad: Minor road off Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad.
- Lorong Binjai: Minor road in the KLCC enclave.
- Lorong Ceylon: Minor road in downtown Kuala Lumpur.
- Lorong Haji Taib 5: Minor road in the Chow Kit area.
- Lorong Kuda: Access road to KLCC from Jalan Tun Razak.
- Lorong Tiong Nam 3: Minor road in the Chow Kit area.
- Lorong Travers: Minor hill road off Jalan Travers.
- Middle Ring Road 2: Major highway curving over the north and eastern neighbourhoods of Kuala Lumpur.
- Medan Pasar Besar: Formerly Old Market Square. This is the public square, location of Kuala Lumpur's old market, until the British built the Central Market in 1888. Medan Pasar Besar is one of the oldest parts of the city.
- Persiaran Capsquare: Road within the Capital Square development.
- Persiaran KLCC: Avenue around KLCC Park.
- Persiaran Petronas: Avenue around KLCC Park.
- Persiaran Raja Chulan: Minor road in Bukit Ceylon.
- Tingkat Tong Shin: Minor Road in the Bukit Bintang area.
26 November, 2014
The Kuala Lumpur City Hall renamed eight roads in the city after past Malaysian monarchs. The roads are:
- Jalan Duta renamed Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim
- Jalan Khidmat Usaha renamed Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
- Jalan Ipoh, from Jalan Segambut to Jalan Pahang intersections, renamed Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
- Persiaran Dua renamed Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
- Jalan Khidmat Setia and Jalan Ibadah renamed Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
- Lebuhraya Mahameru renamed Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
- Persiaran Mahameru renamed Persiaran Tuanku Jaafar
- Jalan Semarak renamed Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
Want to add your business to Penang Travel Tips?
Penang Travel Tips makes it easier for customers to find you. From just RM50 one time fee (listing in directory) and RM150 (your own page), you may add your business to this website, helping people find you more easily. Details here
Add Your Business
Explore Kuala Lumpur with the Klang Valley LRT Network!
List of Businesses in the Directory
Penang Travel Tips puts the Whole Wide World at Your Fingertips!
Penang Travel Tips
is not just about Penang, nor just about Malaysia - it's about the world wide world. It's my own treasure trove of travel information, for the benefit of anybody who might need it.
Our Special Feature on Penang Travel Tips this week is Kuala Lumpur Travel Tips
. Get to know Kuala Lumpur neighbourhood by neighbourhood through the map below.
Quick Links for the Busy Traveler
- Book Long Distance Bus Tickets in Malaysia and Singapore
- Find A Hotel Room
Advertise on this website
Yes, you can advertise your business on this website. You can put an ad on a specific page or across all the pages, so that readers of this website will discover your business. contact me here.
All About Me
Let me take a moment to thank you for visiting my website, Penang Travel Tips. Since I started it in 2003, it has grown to become the
online encyclopedia of Penang. My name is Timothy Tye
, and I am one of the few full-time web authors. This website Penang Travel Tips
describes not just Penang, but all the places I am curious about. You can find information on all the major cities in Malaysia
, all the countries in Asia
, the Americas
, indeed the whole the world
As a Christian, I hope that through this website, I am able to deliver God's Good News
to every corner of the world so that it reaches every person who needs. To get in touch with me, simply submit the contact form
. Thanks for visiting and don't forget to follow me on Facebook
My Social Media Presence
To interact with me, LIKE ME
on Faceboook, or my Penang Travel Tips FB Page
and Places To Go FB Page
, and join any/all of my Facebook Pages and Groups including Penang Travel Tips FB Group
, Exploring Malaysia
, Big World Out There
, My Little Bookshelf
, Learn Penang Hokkien
, Penang Street Art
, Penang Hawker Food
, Penang Restaurant Food
, Masa Masak
, Penang Residential Properties
and Armchair Traveler
Copyright © 2003-2017 Timothy Tye
. All Rights Reserved.